First, I want to thank everyone in the Drupal community for all you have done in the past to support each other and the Drupal project. I was fortunate when I started my Drupal journey back in 2011 to have been introduced to and embraced by the Drupal community right from the start. I have met so many incredible people who I now consider friends. My life wouldn’t be what it is today without so many of you. Thanks to the awesome community for that.
As one of the community-elected members of the Drupal Association Board of Directors, I am reaching out to the Drupal community for your support.
Please start by taking a few minutes to read the recent post by Dries Buytaert (founder and project lead of Drupal) and the recent post by Heather Rocker (Executive Director of the Drupal Association) regarding the uncertain times which the Drupal Association faces with DrupalCon Minneapolis due to the COVID-19 pandemic. These posts explain why it is so important for folks to step up now and help support the Drupal Association.
So how can the Drupal Community help?
What can an organization do?
- Join the DA’s Supporting Partner Program.
- Join other leading sponsors in committing your DrupalCon Minneapolis sponsorship funds regardless of the outcome of the current crisis by email email@example.com.
- Make a Charitable donation.
What can an individual do?
What can everyone do?
- Reach out to companies and organizations that you support that depend on Drupal and encourage them to join the Drupal Association as a Supporting Partner or to make a Donation. So many great organizations depend on Drupal for their websites and functionality, yet do not know that the Drupal Association exists or understand why supporting the DA is so important to the Drupal project. (Template to potentially be used as a starting point for your email)
- Reach out to those in your local Drupal communities to encourage folks to learn about how the Drupal Association supports the Drupal project and why it’s important for everyone in the Drupal Community to help the Drupal Association during these uncertain times.
- Share this message on social media to help us reach as many folks as possible.
Thanks to all the incredible folks in the Drupal Community for your help. I look forward to seeing everyone online for now and can’t wait until we can meet in person once again. Stay safe and healthy!
Drupal Association At-Large Board Member
Drupal.org - leslieg