You are a Drupal developer with a strong understanding of computer programming fundamentals and therefore don’t need a lot of mentoring in that area. You’re smart and can learn new technologies easily. You have excellent verbal communication, computer, and writing skills, which you use to focus on writing better, more efficient code. You’re also very comfortable investigating the tough issues and debugging them. Most importantly, you’re passionate about what you do and love sharing what you learn.
Full-stack Developer job description
Full-stack Developer duties and responsibilities
- Be involved and participate in the overall website application lifecycle
- Focus on coding, debugging, and step debugging
- Collaborate with clients and co-workers (must be comfortable speaking and writing English)
- Define and effectively communicate technical requirements
- Provide training, help, and support to other team members as needed
- Build high-quality reusable code
- Develop functional and sustainable web applications with clean code
- Stay up to date with current best practices
- Participate in conferences and educational programs
- Follow new and emerging technologies
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and code to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement
- Recording data and reporting it to the proper parties, such as clients or leadership
- Taking lead on small projects, as needed
Full-stack Developer requirements and qualifications
- Preference to those living in / willing to relocate to the Portland, ME, USA area
- 2+ years of experience solving problems with the back end with a programming language like Java, Ruby, PHP, or Python (PHP preferred), and front-end coding problems with HTML and CSS (SASS and Twig a plus)
- In-depth understanding of web development fundamentals
- 2+ years of experience with Drupal CMS framework
- Comfortable using Git
- Can type 30+ words per minute
- Bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science, or a related field
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Strong problem solving and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or with a group
- Willingness to sit/stand at a desk for extended periods
The successful applicant will be:
- passionate about solving complex problems
- self-motivated (ready to dig into a web search to solve a problem)
- curious and ready to learn
- able to communicate clearly and effectively in person and on paper (with co-workers AND clients)
- able to adapt quickly to changing client needs
- committed to contributing to Drupal and the open source model
About Redfin Solutions
Redfin Solutions, LLC is a web development and design company in Portland, Maine. We conceive, build, and support custom Drupal websites. Some of our current client niches are higher education (MIT, Dartmouth College, and the University of New England), non-profits (Community Learning for Maine, Scholars Strategy Network, Learning First Alliance). Redfin is not just another agency that churns out websites. We have long-lasting relationships with our clients and, hopefully, you.
We are a Drupal Association partner and help coordinate and sponsor Drupal conferences throughout New England. Our employees are active community members who contribute to the Drupal open source project. Redfin supports professional development opportunities and applicants should be motivated to learn.
Other benefits include: 100% company-paid health insurance premium, HSA company contribution, IRA matching, 4 weeks PTO, 36-hour work week, flexible work schedule, team lunch once a week, standing desks, seltzer & cold brew coffee on tap, annual company retreat, and more.
Redfin Solutions is an equal employment opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity for the benefit of our staff and clients, and encourage those from underrepresented groups to apply.
To apply, please send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.