You are a Drupal developer with a strong understanding of computer programming fundamentals and therefore don’t need a lot of mentoring in that area. You’re smart and adapt to learn new languages and technologies easily. You have excellent communication, computer, and project management skills, which you use to focus on writing better, more efficient code. You’re also very comfortable investigating issues and debugging them. Most importantly, you’re passionate about what you do and love sharing what you learn.
Back-end Developer job description
Back-end Developer duties and responsibilities
- Be involved and participate in the overall website application lifecycle
- Focus on coding, debugging, and step debugging
- Collaborate with clients and co-workers
- Define and effectively communicate technical requirements
- Provide training, help, and support to other team members as needed
- Build high-quality reusable code
- Develop functional and sustainable web applications with clean code
- Stay up to date with current best practices
- Participate in conferences and educational programs
- Follow new and emerging technologies
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and code to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement
- Collaborate with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive code to enhance the user experience
- Recording data and reporting it to the proper parties, such as clients or leadership
- Taking lead on projects, as needed
Back-end Developer requirements and qualifications
- Preference with those willing to relocate to the Portland, ME area
- Vaccinated against COVID-19
- 1+ years of experience solving back end coding problems
- In-depth understanding of web development
- 2+ years of experience with web programming languages like Java, Ruby, PHP, or Python
- 1+ years of experience with Drupal CMS framework
- Comfortable using Git
- Can type 30+ WPM
- Bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science, or a related field
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Strong problem solving and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or with a group
- Willingness to sit/stand at a desk for extended periods
The successful applicant will be:
- Passionate about solving complex programming problems
- Self-motivated (ready to dig into a web search to solve a problem)
- Curious and ready to learn
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively in person and on paper (with co-workers AND clients)
- Able to adapt quickly to changing client needs
- Ideally able to work in our office in Portland, ME
About Redfin Solutions
Redfin Solutions, LLC is a web development and design company in Portland, Maine. We conceive, build, and support custom Drupal websites. Some of our clients include MIT, Harvard, Dartmouth, and the University of New England. Redfin is not just another agency that churns out websites. We have long-lasting relationships with our clients and, hopefully, you.
We are a Drupal Association partner and help coordinate and sponsor Drupal conferences throughout New England. Our employees are active community members who contribute to the Drupal open source project. Redfin supports professional development opportunities and applicants should be motivated to learn.
Other benefits include: 100% company-paid health insurance premium, HSA company contribution, IRA matching, 4 weeks PTO, 36-hour work week, flexible work schedule, team lunch once a week, standing desks, seltzer & cold brew coffee on tap, annual company retreat, and more.
Redfin Solutions is an equal employment opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity for the benefit of our staff and clients, and encourage those from underrepresented groups to apply.
To apply, please send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.